Pet Odors & Stains: Accidents Happen – How to Clean Up Category: Odor Removal and Control
You know how it goes: the minute you turn your back, your pet decides that your new carpet’s the perfect place to relieve themselves and/or leave you unwelcome presents. You clean and clean, but can’t get rid of that smell. What can you do?
- Find which areas are soiled and re-train your pet to avoid eliminating in those areas – to do that, you must thoroughly clean those areas.
- Use your nose and eyes to find soiled areas – use a black light (shows old urine spots) with all the lights off and check carpets and walls for splattered soiled areas and lightly outline in chalk
- Visit a veterinarian to make sure there are no medical reasons for the behavior
- New Stains
- Soak up as much as possible, rinse the area with clean cool water and blot to remove the water
- Set Stains
- Carpet stain remover – watch out for products with optical brighteners, petrochemicals and VOCs
- Odor neutralizer such as Nature’s Miracle or Melaleuca products
If you are still having trouble lifting stains and/or ridding the odor still lingering behind, Call Green Clean at 763.789.9600 to assist with our carpet cleaning services or our pet remediation processes.
Prev: Summer Coming to End – Time to Prep for FallNext: Carpet Protectors – What We Use Because They WorkView All Resources