Summer Coming to End – Time to Prep for Fall Category: Cleaning
Fall is nearly here and chances are your life is going to get much busier. At home, you have school and kids’ extracurricular activities starting up. At work, you’re heading into conference/travel season and not to mention the race to get it all done before the holidays and year end. The last thing you need is major home maintenance added to your list. Here are 7 things you can do to get your home ready for fall:
- Get ready for closed windows! Ensure good indoor air quality by getting air ducts cleaned and filters changed. Wash windows inside and out and vacuum screens to improve your view.
- Have your chimneys, flues and heating appliances inspected and cleaned.
- Get ready for more indoor cooking with a thorough cleaning of ovens and stoves. Don’t forget overhead cooking exhaust fans where substantial grease can build up over time, causing a fire hazard.
- Make room for leftovers, holiday cooking and kids’ lunches with a deep clean and defrost of your refrigerator and freezer.
- Test all smoke and carbon monoxide detectors and replace batteries as needed.
- Pull electric dryer away from wall to vacuum any lint to prevent a fire hazard. Disassemble dryer’s venting tubes to clean as well.
- Shampoo and steam clean carpets and upholstery to rid them of soils and dirt from summer fun. Cleaning will also benefit the carpets as they will be better filters during winter months and closed up homes.
Having you home and carpets professionally cleaned can put your mind at ease and can free up your time to spend the last month enjoying summer before fall is in full swing. If you are looking to have your home professionally cleaned, Green Clean recommends Catherine’s Eco-Friendly Cleaning for North Metro/Northern Suburbs or Neat Home Cleaning for the South Metro/South Suburbs.
Prev: Avoiding the Carpet Cleaning Scam – Guidelines for Selecting a Professional Carpet CleanerNext: Pet Odors & Stains: Accidents Happen – How to Clean UpView All Resources